The Mercury News Online (2006-Current Issues)
Get full access to today’s local newspaper through the online version of The Mercury News. Headlines are updated throughout the day and readers may enjoy local, national, and world news. Read the latest articles about business, technology, sports, etc. or review editorials, obituaries, and much more.
Full-text articles including articles from the Associated Press may be available as far back as 2006.
Log In Instructions:
- In-Library Access: Use this link if you are using a library computer or library wi-fi.
- At-Home Access: Use this link if you are outside the library. Choose 24-hour access or 72-hour access.
- At-Home Access Time Limit: 24-hour anonymous access (no registration is required) or 72-hour access (register using Google, Apple, Facebook, or your email address).
- After the time has expired, you will need to return to this page and start a new session.
- For remote “home” access, we recommend that users under the age of 18 use the 24-hour Anonymous Access option that is provided on The Mercury News’ Welcome page, available after signing in with your Student Library eAccount number and PIN. This option does not require registration for an account.
A valid SCCLD Student Library eAccount Number and PIN are needed to access this website’s online services. Ask your teacher if you need a card.